Specialized Care that Improves Lives
It is a privilege to perform a highly specialized job that helps people maintain their own, natural teeth. Tooth loss can be an emotionally difficult experience for a patient, so I strive to help people keep their teeth for as long as possible.
I practiced general dentistry for several years before choosing to specialize in Endodontics. As an Endodontist, I am in a unique position to help people feel better if they are in dental pain. When a person is suffering from a tooth that is in inflamed or infected, it affects all parts of their life. They are often physically and emotionally exhausted. I aim to relieve that exhaustion and allow them to enjoy life again.
I am very gentle, and work with each patient to gain their trust. I want them to know I am here to help, and will listen to their concerns. I like meeting and getting to know my patients, and treat them with kindness and compassion.
Education and Continuing Education
- W.T. Woodson High School, Fairfax, VA
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science, Public Health, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry, Richmond, VA
- Certificate in General Practice Residency, New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, Brooklyn, NY
- Certificate in Endodontics, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
Endodontics is a constantly evolving field. I stay up-to-date on the latest technologies and techniques in order to offer my patients the best possible treatment and strongest results. I read scholarly journals, participate in webinars and online professional discussion groups, and take many continuing education courses.
- American Association of Endodontics
- American Dental Association
- Virginia Dental Association
- Northern Virginia Dental Society
I grew up in Fairfax and have lived in Prince William County, for several years. My husband, Dr. Kevin Toms, and I have made a couple of moves over the years to further our education. However, we always return here because of the community and quality of life.
Kevin and I have three children along with several furry animals. Outside of the office my priority is time with our kids, keeping them active and enjoying the outdoors.